Step back in time, with these feel-good tracks from across the decades
1. ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, Gerry & the Pacemakers (1963)
A classic, soothing reminder that we don’t have to go through things alone.
2. ‘Feeling Good’, Nina Simone (1965)
This is one song guaranteed to put a swagger in your step.
3. ‘What a Wonderful World’, Louis Armstrong (1967)
Every now and then, it pays to have a reminder of the wonderful things that are happening around us.
4. ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell (1967)
The ultimate foot-tapper – singalong to this uplifting classic.
5. ‘Here Comes the Sun’, The Beatles (1969)
An ode to looking towards the future, and the good times waiting on the horizon.
6. ‘Move on Up’, Curtis Mayfield (1970)
The moment you hear the opening brass section, you’ll know how the next few minutes are going to go down.
7. ‘December 1963 (Oh What a Night)’, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (1975)
Think happy evenings with friends and loved ones, and get caught up in this softly wistful reflection on good times.
8. ‘Dancing Queen’, ABBA (1976)
‘ABBA’ is synonymous with ‘feel-good’, right?
9. ‘Go Your Own Way’, Fleetwood Mac (1977)
Stomp along to this feel-good anthem.
10. ‘I Will Survive’, Gloria Gaynor (1978)
You’re stronger than you think, and Gloria Gaynor is here to remind you of just that.
11. ‘You Make My Dreams (Come True)’, Hall & Oates (1981)
Tap your feet along to the beat, for this bouncy classic.
12. ‘Come on Eileen’, Dexys Midnight Runners (1982)
Air violins at the ready, it’s time for ‘Come on Eileen’.
13. ‘Sisters Are Doin’ it For Themselves’, Eurythmics, ft. Aretha Franklin (1985)
Featuring some of the most powerful voices in music, be swept along by this empowering anthem.
14. ‘Take On Me’, A-ha (1984)
Reach for those high notes, and sing along at the top of your lungs.
15. ‘End of the Line’, Traveling Wilburys (1988)
It’s all right – need we say more?
16. ‘Movin’ on Up’, Primal Scream (1991)
It’s time to take the next step up, and Primal Scream are here to help you along the way.
17. ‘Friday I’m in Love’, The Cure (1992)
Capture that Friday feeling, every day of the week.
18. ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’, Deep Blue Something (1995)
With a chorus that’s guaranteed to get stuck in your head, this track is about the little things in life.
19. ‘Wannabe’, Spice Girls (1996)
It really doesn’t get more 90s than this – and has anyone managed to work out what a ‘zigga-zig-ah’ is?
20. ‘Brimful of Asha’, Cornershop (1997)
We may not know what a ‘brimful of asha’ is, but we like the sound of it.
21. ‘Take Your Mama’, Scissor Sisters (2004)
Bop along to the groovy sounds of the Scissor Sisters.
22. ‘Better Together’, Jack Johnson (2005)
Take things down a notch with this touching classic from Jack Johnson.
23. ‘Put Your Records On’, Corinne Bailey Rae (2006)
A musical ode to the power of putting on your favourite song, we couldn’t agree more with Corinne Bailey Rae’s advice.
24. ‘Pocketful of Sunshine’, Natasha Bedingfield (2007)
Catchy, funky, uplifting? Sounds like the recipe for the perfect feel-good song.
25. ‘You Got the Love’, Florence and the Machine (2009)
Let’s end on a belter. Throw your hands up in the air for ‘You Got the Love’.
Listening to music can be a great confidence boost, to connect with a life coach to explore more ways to build confidence, visit lifecoach-directory.org.uk