- If you are in crisis and are concerned for your own safety, call 999, or go to A&E
- Call Samaritans on 116 123 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Listening Lines:
- SANEline offers support and information from 4.30pm–10.30pm: 0300 304 7000.
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is a line for men, and is open from 5pm–midnight: 0800 58 58 58.
- The CALM webchat is open from the same hours and can be found here.
- Switchboard is a line for LGBT+ support. Open from 10am–10pm: 0300 330 0630.
- You can email: email@example.com
- Or chat online here.
The Silver Line
- The Silver Line is a line, open 24/7, for those over the age of 55: 0800 4708 090.
- Childline a confidential line for children to call if they need help or advice about any topic: 0800 1111.
- You can also access 1-2-1 counselling here.
- Or send emails by signing into your Childline Locker here.
A-Z of Mental Health Support:
- Refuge supports those who have experienced domestic violence by offering refuges and recovery services
- Their helpline is open 24 hours a day every day: 0808 2000 247.
- You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Survivors Trust
- The Survivors Trust aims to support and empower survivors of rape, sexual violence and/or childhood sexual abuse.
- Their helpline is open Mon 10am-7.30pm, Tues 10am-12pm & 1.30pm-7.30pm, Wed 10am-7.30pm, Thur 10am-4pm & 5pm-7.30pm, Fri 10am-2pm: 08088 010 818
- The NSPCC offer support and help for children affected by abuse.
- If you are worried about a child,email email@example.com or call 0808 800 5000.
- If you are 18 and under and need help, call 0800 1111.
Action on Addiction
- Action on Addiction provide information, residential rehab and community based addiction treatment.
- Addaction is a drug and alcohol charity working with adults and young people, in community settings, in prisons, in residential rehab and through outreach.
- For advice and support, join their webchat.
- Anxiety UK is a charity working to relieve and support those living with anxiety by offering information, support and understanding.
- Call their infoline Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm: 03444 775 774. Or text: 07537 416 905.
- No Panic offers support and information for those who suffer from Panic Attacks, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and other related anxiety disorders.
- Call their helpline, open everyday 10.00am - 10.00pm. NOTE: calls cost 5p a minute + your access charge: 0844 967 4848.
- Youth Helpline (13-20 year-olds), open everyday 10.00am - 10.00pm: 0330 606 1174.
- Bipolar UK offer advice and support for those living with bipolar disorder.
- If you have questions or concerns about bipolar, call 0333 323 3880 to leave a message which will then be followed up on within three working days.
The Bipolar Foundation
- Find more information about bipolar disorder on The Bipolar Foundation website.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- For more information about BPD, and to search for support groups and help nearby, visit the BPD World website.
- Search for complementary therapists in your area here.
What therapy treatments are there?
- Learn about different therapy treatments here.
- Search for counsellors and psychotherapists in your area here.
Information on Counselling
- Read about what to expect from counselling on the NHS choices website here.
- Depression UK offers support and friendship to anyone affected by depression.
Depression support groups
- Find out more about depression support groups here.
Beat Eating Disorders
- Beat offers support and information for those living with eating disorders. Their helplines are open 12pm-8pm during the week & 4pm-8pm on weekends & bank holidays, you can also email:
- Adult Helpline: 0808 801 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studentline: 0808 801 email@example.com
- Youthline: 0808 801 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live 1-2-1 webchats are also available.
Anorexia and Bulimia Care
- Anorexia and Bulimia Care provide on-going care, emotional support and practical guidance for those living with eating disorders, and their families.
- Their helpline is open from 9.30-5.30pm Mon-Fri: 03000 11 12 13.
- Find a hypnotherapist in your area here.
What is hypnotherapy
- Read about the different types of hypnotherapy here.
Find information and support near you on the Stonewall website.
Call their info line, open (Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm): 08000 50 20 20
Maternal Mental Health
Maternal Mental Health Alliance
- Maternal Mental Health Alliance provides care, support and information for women during pregnancy and in the years after giving birth.
- Find a nutritionist in your area here.
What is a nutritionist?
- Read about what nutritionists do here.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- OCD Action offer support and advice for those living with OCD.
- Their helpline is open Mon – Fri 9.30am – 8pm: 0845 390 6232 or 020 7253 2664.
- Or email: email@example.com
- OCD-UK work with children and adults whose lives are affected by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Call their information line Mon - Fri from 10am - 4.45pm: 03332 127 890.
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Visit the PTSD UK website for information and guidance on where to get help.
ASSIST Trauma Care
- ASSIST Trauma Care offers support for adults and children, individuals and families, affected by a wide range of traumatic occurrences.
- Call their helpline: 01788 560800.
Living with Schizophrenia UK
- Living with Schizophrenia UK offers support and information for anyone living with schizophrenia.