Brought to you by Happiful and Simpila Healthy Solutions, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA is not about providing a diagnosis, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended the Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn and is particularly relevant for those with a line management responsibility in an organisation.Light refreshments will be provided during the course, but please do make your own arrangements for lunch.
What are people saying about our MHFA courses?
Really good course. Matt’s a great trainer and passionate about the subject
Thank you for creating such a comfortable environment for us all to learn more about the subjects that can be quite heavy. Matt’s passion for mental health and the need for supports shines through and you really inspire me. Thank you again Matt
Matt is an excellent trainer, personable, knowledgeable and patient. Great sense of humour too. I’d love to run this course – he makes it seem so accessible. Thank you.
What will participants learn on the 2 day Adult Mental Health First Aid Course?
The learning is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
The sections of the course include:
- What is Mental Health?
- Depression and Suicide Crisis
- Anxiety and personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
In each session participants will learn how to:
- Spot the triggers and early signs of mental health issues
- Have the confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Carry out Mental Health First aid using enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Help when someone shows signs of distress and potential of causing harm to themselves of there
- Prevent mental illness progressing
- Assist with mental health recovery by guiding them to appropriate support
- Proactively reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental health and feeling confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boost knowledge and confident in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
What resources will I receive as a result of attending the course?
Participants will receive a set of useful resources - an MHFA Adult Manual and workbook as well as a certificate from Mental Health First Aid England which states that you are an Adult Mental Health First Aider.
Who is able to attend this course?
Due to the sensitive nature of the subjects of these courses including suicide, the numbers for each course are are limited to 16 people and targetted at individuals aged 16 years and above.
What is the cost of the course?
The cost of the course is £225 + VAT a reduction in cost can be offered for multiple bookings. MHFA recommends the cost of this course to be £300 per person. In addition as a SPECIAL Offer to our Happiful readers we will also provide you with a free copy of Happiful Magazine.
The training is provided by SIMPILA Limited and if the session is cancelled you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date.
If a suitable alternative dates cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of the participant's non-attendance or a cancellation within 30 working days before the beginning of the the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.
Interested in booking a place?
You can complete your booking through this Event booking function, or if you have further questions please feel free to contact us on email@example.com