A guide for contributors
1. Before sending in your pitch, please make sure it's the kind of story we cover
happiful aims to promote a healthier, happier, more sustainable society. In general, we are looking for fascinating stories that focus on the promotion of good mental and physical health, the prevention of bad mental and physical health, and issues that inspire a better society for all. This includes news, reviews, high-impact features, interviews, profiles and the latest health trends and research.
We like stories that are relevant and authentic. Stories should also contain 'positive' and 'actionable' elements that can inspire readers to make a difference in their lives.
2. News or topical stories
In our news section, we publish articles that are 'happening now', and with a strong or fresh hook.
Your news story angle should inspire and inform in equal measure. If you have a topical news story, please get in touch!
3. Feature ideas
Features are the beating heart of our magazine. People love to read good features, so yours should be informative, thought-provoking and factually researched.
Features can be less time-sensitive, but we are keen on unreported stories with an original approach.
A typical happiful feature will range in length from 1,000-2,000 words.
Your feature idea should explain what the story is, what's fascinating about it, and why happiful should cover it.
4. True life stories
We are extremely interested in stories from people who are going on a personal journey, and we are also keen to interview public figures, organisations, charities, and celebrities.
Do mental or physical health issues affect you, or someone you know or love? Do you have a personal story that will bring readers a new insight, a new understanding, into the issues that affect your life? If so, we want to hear your story.
It doesn't matter if you've had no writing experience before. We're more interested in your personal journey. And we can help you write it in your own voice and style.
5. Important information:
- Send your initial pitches to [email protected]
- We'll aim to get back to you within a week.
- Give a clear description of your story idea in the email subject line.
- If you have them, please include links or examples of previously published writing.
- Don't forget to include your phone number and email address!
- Finally, if there are any areas that you're particularly passionate about or have relevant experience in, please list these at the end of your email. We may contact you in the future if we want to write about these topics.